Morphology and Imaging - Services
- Tissue processing, embedding, and sectioning (frozen, paraffin, plastic or floating)
- Histological Stains: H&E, cresyl violet etc.
- Immunohisto- or Immunocyto-chemistry with enzyme substrate development (HRP, AP) or fluorescent secondaries
- Immunogold staining - Gold coupled to species-specific IgGs for electron microscopy
- Flowcytometry – for fluorescent-activated cell sorting (FACS)
- Functional Imaging: FRET, FRAP, mitochondrial and plasma membrane potential measurements, photoactivation/uncaging, etc.
- Conventional microscopy - Brightfield, DIC, fluorescence (blue/green/red/infrared)
- Confocal laser and two-photon microscopy-immunolocalization, colocalization, time-course, slice culture etc.
- Transmission electron microscopy-ultrastructural studies
- Image acquisition - Confocal laser or digital CCD images captured in black & white or color from the upright or inverted microscope.
Image Processing Services
- Bitplane Imaris - modules include Imaris, FilamentTracer, Colocalization, AutoAligner-for 3D reconstruction and analysis for fixed or functional imaging data.
- Huygens Deconvolution – for 3D or 4D datasets
- Image Analyst - for 2D (plus time) intensity based analysis of functional imaging data