You are the key player in the your own aging process!
Follow the links to articles in the general press -- it's "news you can use" to support your own efforts to extend the healthy years of life. (Disclaimer)
Thursday, March 26, 2015
- Could smoggy air increase anxiety levels?
- Repeated use of some antibiotics can increase the risk for type 2 diabetes
- Study: Eat whole grains for a long, healthy life
- Vitamin D supplements may slow prostate cancer
- Power naps can boost memory
- 11 super foods that work well together
- Men's memories worse than women's especially with age
- Exercise as a treatment for breast cancer
- How to get your spouse to exercise
- Breast biopsies leave room for doubt
- Weight loss might also shed Afib
- Is there really a link between diet soda and belly fat?
- Folic acid may help ward off stroke in those with high blood pressure
- Loneliness and isolation shorten life as much as obesity
- Healthy lifestyle may guard against dementia
- Chemical exposure linked to billions in health care costs
- Plant-based diet with fish may lower risk of colorectal cancer
- Exercise helps avoid brain shrinkage with age
- Does gout reduce Alzheimer's risk?
- 9 subtle signs you could have a heart problem
- Four ways to tell how much sugar you're eating
- Need motivation to get moving? Read this study about identical twins with very different exercise habits
- Walk a little faster to get the most out of your exercise time
- The lure of processed food - the science behind "addictive" fast food