You are the key player in the your own aging process!
Follow the links to articles in the general press -- it's "news you can use" to support your own efforts to extend the healthy years of life. (Disclaimer)
Monday, August 31, 2015
- Fish oil supplements not as good as eating the fish
- German study: A 25-minute daily walk could add 7 years to life
- Knee and hip replacements increase heart attack risks briefly
- Science Magazine: Revealing the hidden dangers of dietary supplements
- Genes link low vitamin D with risk of multiple sclerosis
- Low-dose aspirin, other NSAIDs may lower colon cancer risk
- Hopefully statistics on early-stage breast cancer
- Want to lose weight? Those who include their doctor do better
- Second cancers on the rise
- Study: Just 15 minutes of walking per day increases healthspan
- The nine lifestyle choices that affect Alzheimer's risk
- For men on testosterone therapy - some good news, and bad
- Cutting saturated fat doesn't necessarily reduce heart disease
- Trying to get to the right dose of exercise for the aging brain
- Untreated hearing loss can result in depression/dementia
- Fitness experts warn of the pitfalls of exercise extremes
- Excessive supplement use - a new eating disorder for men?
- Stand up, sit less, move more - tips from the experts
- Scientists test 30 iPhone fitness apps. Which ones did best?
- White bread, pasta and the risk for depression