You are the key player in the your own aging process!
Follow the links to articles in the general press -- it's "news you can use" to support your own efforts to extend the healthy years of life. (Disclaimer)
Thursday, August 28, 2014
- Eating junk food may change your palate - for the worse
- Fighting prostate cancer with a tomato-rich diet
- What polyp removal says about colon cancer risk
- Study says 1 in 7 suffer from "sleep drunkenness"
- Cardiovascular health linked to cognitive changes as we age
- Exercise may shield older women from Afib
- Interesting research pinpoints possible cause of age-related insomnia
- Low salt? High salt? Recent study says too little salt poses health risks
- Being overweight or obese linked to 10 common cancers
- Too much exercise can be bad after a heart attack
- A new surgery risk - abnormal heart rhythm after surgery signals risk for stroke
- NYT: How exercise helps us tolerate pain
- Increasing your coffee intake may help with ringing in the ear
- Study in UK suggests regular exercise in later life may reduce risk for breast cancer
- Vitamin D levels and dementia risk - is there a link?
- New breast cancer gene mutation raises risk dramatically
- Is the PSA test worth it?